• Online enables brand owners to engage 'interactively' with consumers (in stark contrast to the traditional one‐way emission of advertising messages of the old days). Add to this the 'analytics' capabilities that are available plus the potential of social media to make campaigns go 'viral'
• Consumer Enabled Product Authentication on the move
‐ Major potential benefits exist here ‐ eCommerce has been drawing shoppers away from traditional retail stores:
• Retailers need to find ways to draw shoppers back - One way is to provide an experience that engages and gets the full attention of consumers
• The smart phone handset is the essential tool for accessing and viewing such 'additional content' with its enhanced experience - For example: To register purchases, guarantees and the like
‐ New mobile marketing communications (advertising &sales promotion) techniques:
• Consumers will be able to receive clear advertising and sales promotion messages and to engage in special offers or competitions
• Consumers will be able to opt‐in (or opt‐out) of relevant material ‐ The overall amount of 'clutter' that an individual is subjected to will be reduced
• The consumer will also be empowered to carry out mobile product authentication on the move
THE DIGITAL PRINTING INDUSTRY
- Many of the tools needed to for effective mobile action codes and also consumer enabled product authentication can be enhanced with sequential numbering or coding either encrypted or not - And digital printing is the key to achieving these requirements
- From smart phone handset manufacturers to App developers, the broader and deeper the understanding of the different players in the industries involved and their respective needs the better.
The promise of being able to offer unlimited 'additional content' online ‐ that may be dynamic as well as static ‐ is simply a sensational opportunity for brand owners and marketers.