WALTHAM, Mass., Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EuroSite Power Inc., (OTCQB: EUSP) an On-Site Utility, offering clean electricity, heat, hot water and cooling solutions to hospitality, healthcare, housing and leisure centers in the United Kingdom (UK) and Europe, announced that it is now operating a combined heat and power system (CHP) supplying clean energy to the Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport, UK.
The Hampton by Hilton Luton Airport joins Hilton Liverpool as The Ability Group's second hotel of five to become operational under the terms of a 30-year On-Site Utility agreement which EuroSite Power announced earlier in 2012.
The hotel will open in December 2012 and will be one of the first Hampton by Hilton hotels in the UK. The hotel will have 188 rooms situated one mile from Luton Airport, which services 9 million passengers per annum with the largest private jet base on London's periphery. The site adjoins Luton Parkway station with its new entrance adjacent to the hotel. The station offers train links to London and the hotel is readily accessible from the A505, which connects to the M1 motorway a mile away from the hotel.
The EuroSite Power system now operating and delivering low carbon heat and electricity consists of two CHP units rated at 5.5kWe each. The CHPs were included in the design to aid compliance with Part L of the building regulations. Part L is a building regulation that developers must comply with to achieve a pre-determined required carbon footprint. The systems are expected to produce most of the domestic hot water used in the hotel and overall the CHP is expected to produce 64 MWh of electricity and 153 MWh of heat per annum and to reduce the building's carbon footprint by around 20 metric tonnes each year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV