Two Championships And A Win For Mopar In NHRA Finals
POMONA, Calif., Nov. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Johnson caps his championship season with his first career win at the historic Pomona venue
- Mopar-powered Dodge driver Jack Beckman captures NHRA Funny Car crown, gives Mopar a pair of 2012 NHRA championships
- Beckman edges out follow Mopar-powered driver Ron Capps by two points in one of the closest Funny Car title fights in history
- In Mopar's 75th anniversary year, Mopar-powered drivers captured 10 wins in each of the Pro Stock and Funny Car classes
The 2012 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series season can now be dubbed 'Year of the HEMI' as Pro Stock World Champion Allen Johnson wrapped up his winning season by taking the victory in an all-Mopar final round battle while Jack Beckman added another Championship trophy to Mopar's mantle by earning the Funny Car crown for Don Schumacher Racing on Sunday at the Automobile Club of Southern California NHRA Finals in Pomona. The two championships highlight the brand's 75th anniversary year in which Mopar-powered drivers also captured 10 wins in each of the Pro Stock and Funny Car classes.
"All of us are very proud of Allen Johnson and Jack Beckman on bringing home two NHRA World Championships for Mopar," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "Allen's impressive win at Pomona solidified his mark on his Championship and all the hard work behind it. It was also amazing to watch Jack and Ron Capps battle each other in their Dodge Charger R/Ts for the crown.""Mopar-powered cars have either led or been near the front of the field all year in both Pro Stock and Funny Car, which shows the strength of our Mopar HEMI® engines that compete in the NHRA," added Gorlier. "It was tremendous to watch our Team Mopar drivers battle for wins all season long and be rewarded with two championships."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts