McCollam will join the electronics retailer at the end of the year, according to the report in The Wall Street Journal, which cited an anonymous source close to the company.
McCollam will step out of a retirement that began in March, the report said.
Richfield, Minn.-based Best Buy is undergoing a broad restructuring under new CEO Hubert Joly as it confronts challenges to its big-box retailing model from e-commerce, the report noted.Last month, Best Buy said CFO Jim Muehlbauer would leave at the end of the fiscal year, the report added. Shares of Best Buy closed Friday up 4 cents, or 0.3%, at $15.30. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV