Statement From The Minister Of Veterans Affairs On The Occasion Of Remembrance Day
OTTAWA, Nov. 11, 2012 /CNW/ - The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Veterans Affairs, issued the following statement on the occasion of Remembrance Day 2012:
"Today, Canadians remember the men and women from all branches of the armed forces and all walks of life who have served our country with courage and dedication in peace and in war.
"More than 2.3 million Canadians have served our country since Confederation; there are so many individuals we can pause to remember.
"The men and women who have served our great country gave selflessly for our freedom, and one way we repay them is by remembering their sacrifices. Remembrance Day is also an occasion to pay tribute to Veterans' families and other loved ones who have sacrificed so much for us."Veterans helped build the Canada we know and love. They gave everything they had for everything we have today. We are proud of what Veterans have accomplished for the protection of our country and the promotion of our Canadian values of peace, democracy, and the rule of law around the world. "All Canadians—young and old—should be inspired to take the time to remember those who gave so much without ever questioning the cost. "Throughout the past year, we have marked a number of significant historical military milestones, including the 95 th anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge, the 95 th anniversary of the capture of Passchendaele and the 70 th anniversary of the Dieppe Raid. Recognizing these important anniversaries ensures that the stories of our Veterans will live on for generations to come. "As we mark Remembrance Day, it is our duty to pass on the legacy and keep the memories of our Canadian Veterans alive. Show your appreciation to our Veterans for their sacrifices and their achievements. Not just today, but every day—take time to remember. "Lest we forget."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV