Senators Develop Bipartisan Immigration Plan
WASHINGTON -- Two senators have hammered out a bipartisan "comprehensive, detailed blueprint" to overhaul immigration policy, and their plan includes a pathway to citizenship for the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants now in the United States.
Democrat Chuck Schumer of New York tells NBC's "Meet the Press" that he's developed the plan with South Carolina Republican Lindsay Graham.
The plan calls for developing a secure document to assure employers they're hiring people authorized to work in the country, and allowing legal immigration for needed workers at all skill levels.
The path to citizenship would require immigrants to learn English, go to the back of the visa line, have a job and not commit crimes.House Speaker John Boehner says it's time to address immigration policy, but won't commit to the citizenship issue. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV