Jim Cramer's Best Blogs
Nov 10, 2012 | 03:27 PM EST
Fonzi vs. Clint Posted at 7:15 a.m. EDT on Thursday, Nov. 8 Which is more realistic, conjuring a a Happy-Days-Are-Here-Again Democratic Party or expecting the Outlaw Josey Wales part of the Republican party to vanish? Right now I would say the next 1,000 to 2,000 Dow points rest on these curious visions of the future. Let me explain. First, there's some amorphous talk out there that the president, in the second term, will become more hospitable to big business, to the trigger pullers, to the corporations who have not had his ear. The idea is that there are enough companies out there that want to break bread with the president and there's enough give to the president in his second term that a new rapport, a new friendship is about to break out. Somehow, that Happy-Days-Are-Here-Again skein of thought is in the ether and I have to tell you I don't understand it at all. Why does Obama have to compromise? What did he do to have to make peace or break bread with anyone? He won this victory by appealing solely to his constituency, which is growing much faster than the Republicans' constituency. I see him going the opposite. Big business doesn't want to play ball with him? To heck with them. Banks and bankers gave tens of millions of dollars to defeat him? Forget about them. Bury them, even.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas