3-V Biosciences Presents Positive Preclinical Data On HCV Product Candidates Targeting FASN At The American Association For The Study Of Liver Disease Annual Meeting 2012
MENLO PARK, Calif., Nov. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- 3-V Biosciences, Inc., announced today that preclinical data for its novel fatty acid synthase (FASN) inhibitors for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection will be presented at the 63 rd Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (The Liver Meeting ®) being held November 9-13 in Boston, Massachusetts.
"New, potent therapeutics that combine with and improve on the evolving standard of care for the treatment of hepatitis C infection are needed to ensure that we can reach the broadest population of patients with appropriate, curative regimens," said George Kemble, Chief Scientific Officer of 3-V Biosciences. "3-V's FASN inhibitors represent an entirely new class of therapy. With a novel mechanism of action, and broad-spectrum, potent antiviral activity demonstrated across multiple preclinical studies, we believe that our FASN inhibitors will bring substantial benefits to patients as a key component in emerging multi-drug treatment regimens. We look forward to initiating clinical studies early next year."
Novel FASN Inhibitors3-V's FASN inhibitors for the treatment of HCV are designed to have broad-spectrum activity, a high barrier to resistance and the ability to combine with direct-acting antivirals, such as nucleotide/nucleoside inhibitors, protease inhibitors, NS5a inhibitors and other mechanisms of action currently in development. Data characterizing the preclinical antiviral activity of 3-V's FASN inhibitors will be featured in oral and poster presentations during The Liver Meeting. Highlights of these data include:
- Orally bioavailable representative molecules are potent and specific, with IC50s in the 5-50nM range;
- Inhibitors have demonstrated excellent exposure and low toxicity in rodents associated with prolonged in vivo suppression of FASN;
- Antiviral activity against wild-type Genotype 1a, 1b and 2a replicons; and
- Antiviral activity against mutant HCV replicons resistant to NS3, NS4b, NS5a and NS5b inhibitors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV