Interim Phase II Data Of Merck's Investigational MK-5172 In Combination Therapy In Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Genotype 1 Infection To Be Presented At The American Association For The Study Of Liver Diseases (AASLD) Annual Meeting
Other data to be presented on MK-5172 at AASLD include results from a preclinical study evaluating the antiviral activities of MK-5172 in combination with MK-8742, an oral HCV NS5A inhibitor in Phase I development.
Indications and Usage for VICTRELIS (boceprevir)
VICTRELIS is indicated for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype 1 (G1) infection, in combination with peginterferon alfa and ribavirin (PR), in adult patients (18 years and older) with compensated liver disease, including cirrhosis, who are previously untreated or who have failed previous interferon and ribavirin therapy.
The following points should be considered when initiating VICTRELIS for treatment of chronic HCV infection:
- VICTRELIS must not be used as monotherapy and should only be used in combination with PR.
- VICTRELIS efficacy has not been studied in patients who have previously failed therapy with a treatment regimen that includes VICTRELIS or other HCV NS3/4A protease inhibitors.
- VICTRELIS in combination with PR has not been studied in patients documented to be historical null responders [less than a 2 log 10 HCV-RNA decline by treatment week (TW) 12] during prior therapy with PR. The clinical studies included patients who were poorly interferon responsive. Patients with less than 0.5 log 10 HCV-RNA decline in viral load at TW 4 with PR alone are predicted to have a null response (less than a 2 log 10 viral load decline by TW 12) to PR therapy.
- Poorly interferon responsive patients who were treated with VICTRELIS in combination with PR have a lower likelihood of achieving a sustained virologic response (SVR), and higher rate of detection of resistance-associated substitutions upon treatment failure, compared to patients with a greater response to PR.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV