MOORESVILLE, N.C., Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- 'Chosen by industry. Ready to work,' is not just another tagline. It captures the spirit of Universal Technical Institute (UTI) students, instructors, and employees, and that spirit has transcended outside the confines of NASCAR Technical Institute (NASCAR Tech) and onto NASCAR championship race teams.
On Saturday, Nov. 3, UTI students and instructors rejoiced when a sixth–place finish by rookie Kyle Larson at Rockingham Speedway ( Rockingham, N.C.) locked up the 2012 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East Championship. The victory marks the first NASCAR touring championship for Rev Racing and NASCAR's Drive for Diversity initiative.
While there is enough credit to go around, it is sometimes the hardworking men and women in the garage that go unnoticed. It's late at night and early in the morning when the sound of wrenches cranking and bits drilling echoes throughout the bay of the team garage. UTI Spec-Engine Program students and instructors are hard at work tuning the engines that made this championship possible."Who would have ever thought that our students would be building engines that actually beat some of the biggest names in racing," said John Dodson, community/NASCAR team relations director for NASCAR Tech. "The program is off and running and we look forward to it getting bigger and better. It makes us proud to provide the top racing teams with skilled technicians who get the job done." In 2008, NASCAR Tech rolled out the Spec-Engine Program that awards students who have excellent grades, attendance and professionalism scores with the opportunity to join forces with race teams and work on the engines that make the high-speed spectacle a reality.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV