Outpouring Of Support From Fashion Industry To Sandy Victims
NEW YORK, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Fashion Delivers Charitable Foundation, Inc. has seen a heartfelt response from the apparel and home goods industries following the terrible devastation of Hurricane Sandy, and is now calling on more manufacturers and retailers to join the effort. Consumers can play an important role too by donating money that will help distribute the new merchandise to storm survivors.
So far, more than $15 million worth of donated new apparel and home goods are being distributed to survivors, including:
- Hanesbrands: 2 trucks of mens' and womens' underwear, 1 truck of outerwear, sweatshirts, sweatpants, fleece apparel
- Skechers: 500 pairs of shoes on November 5 and over 200,000 more pairs coming in December
- Burlington Coat Factory: 15 pallets of product and $200,000 worth of gift cards
- Lacoste: $100,000 in apparel
- G-III Apparel Group: a tractor trailer of new, warm coats
- Fruit of the Loom: 12 cases of men's and women's underwear
- Maidenform: more than 1,000 bras and underwear
- And many other important and useful products!
"Once the urgent needs of food and shelter have been met, there will be a long road ahead as families begin rebuilding their lives," said Fashion Delivers Chairman Allan Ellinger. "We are working with local partners every day to get products to people in need. Please go to www.FashionDelivers.org to donate new product or cash to help the survivors of Hurricane Sandy, or call us at 646-786-2680."Consumers can also support Fashion Delivers relief for families affected by Hurricane Sandy; every $1 of cash donated through Fashion Delivers.org helps move $25 of new donated product. Additionally, Stylemint.com, the fashion retail website curated by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, will donate an item to Fashion Delivers for every item purchased November 9 through 22. Fashion Delivers has been directing the product donations through a wide range of community nonprofits working on the ground in the storm areas, including The Legacy Center serving Brooklyn and Queens, NY; Broad Channel American Legion Post serving Breezy Point, NY victims; Make the Road NY serving Staten Island; City of Secaucus NJ and the Community Food Bank of NJ, with offices in both central and southern areas of the state. About Fashion Delivers Fashion Delivers Charitable Foundation, Inc. was formed in 2005 in response to the devastation of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. The mission of Fashion Delivers is to mobilize the fashion community to reach out to those most in need, providing donations of new women's, men's and home fashions distributed through a network of hundreds of local agencies worldwide. To date, Fashion Delivers has secured and distributed more than $150 million in product since its inception. For more information, please go to www.fashiondelivers.org. Also follow us on www.twitter.com/fashiondelivers, www.facebook.com/fashiondelivers and www.youtube.com/fashiondeliversvideo.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV