SALISBURY, N.C., Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of Veterans Day on Sunday, Nov. 11, Food Lion stores will offer a 12 percent discount to active and retired military personnel to show their support and appreciation for those who are currently serving or have served in the U.S. Armed Forces. To receive the discount, active military, reservists and veterans should present their MVP card at checkout and request the discount.
In addition to the in-store discount, the company is also making a $925,000 donation to the Wounded Warrior Project, a non-profit organization with the single mission to honor and empower our wounded heroes. Customers may also support the Wounded Warrior Project by purchasing specially-marked items in Food Lion stores, or purchasing a magnet or bracelet at the register for one dollar.
Food Lion is a long-standing supporter of its military associates and customers. The company provides numerous employment benefits to military associates, adopts families of colleagues who have been called into active duty, and donates food and provides volunteers for community military events. In addition, the company has a Veterans and Military Business Resource Group to further support its associates and customers. In 2010, Food Lion was honored with the Department of Defense's highest honor for employers, the ESGR's Freedom Award, for its programs and services for military associates.
About Food LionFood Lion, based in Salisbury, N.C., is a company of Delhaize America, the U.S. division of Brussels-based Delhaize Group (NYSE: DEG) and operates more than 1,100 supermarkets. The company employs approximately 58,000 associates delivering quality products, low prices and service to customers in 10 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states. For more information, visit www.foodlion.com. Find Food Lion business updates on Twitter @FoodLionNews or at www.foodlion.com/corporate/pressroom.SOURCE Food Lion
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV