BOSTON, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The following eight John Hancock Closed-End Funds announced the results of their annual shareholder meetings: John Hancock Bank and Thrift Opportunity Fund (NYSE: BTO), John Hancock Hedged Equity & Income Fund (NYSE: HEQ), John Hancock Preferred Income Fund (NYSE: HPI), John Hancock Preferred Income Fund II (NYSE: HPF), John Hancock Preferred Income Fund III (NYSE: HPS), John Hancock Premium Dividend Fund (NYSE: PDT), John Hancock Tax-Advantaged Dividend Income Fund (NYSE: HTD) and John Hancock Tax-Advantaged Global Shareholder Yield Fund (NYSE: HTY) (collectively, the "Funds").
At their annual meetings held today, shareholders of the Funds elected thirteen Trustees as members of the Board of Trustees of the Funds. Craig Bromley, Deborah C. Jackson, James M. Oates and Steven R. Pruchansky were elected as Trustees for a term to expire in 2016; Charles L. Bardelis, Peter S. Burgess, Theron S. Hoffman and Warren A. Thomson were elected as Trustees for a term to expire in 2015; and James R. Boyle, William H. Cunningham, Grace K. Fey, Hassell H. McClellan and Gregory A. Russo were elected as Trustees for a term to expire in 2014.
The newly elected Trustees, Ms. Fey and Messrs. Bardelis, Boyle, Bromley, Burgess, Hoffman, McClellan, Oates, and Thomson, are expected to join the Board of the Funds on or about December 1, 2012.
Statements in this press release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined by the United States securities laws. You should exercise caution in interpreting and relying on forward-looking statements because they are subject to uncertainties and other factors which are, in some cases, beyond a Fund's control and could cause actual results to differ materially from those set forth in the forward-looking statements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV