Banks Target The 'unbanked' With Prepaid Cards
Although a significant number of banks still do not offer prepaid cards, that number may change as more financial institutions explore this option. According to the study, the more banks had investigated prepaid cards, the more likely they were to report satisfaction with them.
As banks look to tap into the market of unbanked consumers, as well as provide flexible payment options to current customers, prepaid cards may offer an attractive option for consumers and institutions alike. The result may be more prepaid cards coming to a bank near you.
Whether these cards appeal to you, however, may relate to how happy you are with your checking account. If you are diligent in maintaining your financial records and value the perks of a good checking account, the lure of the prepaid card may be lost on you.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV