In order to contribute to the relief efforts of the American Red Cross after Superstorm Sandy and the Nor’easter snowfall, Ruby Tuesday is announcing three separate initiatives that will provide donations to those affected by these devastating storms.
“For the past 25 years, Ruby Tuesday has operated restaurants in the communities most impacted by the recent Hurricane Sandy and Nor’easter storms. With more than 200 restaurants in the impacted areas, we have employees, friends and family who are in need of our help today more than ever. Ruby Tuesday is extending our support to the American Red Cross by donating in three different ways to help those in the Northeast area impacted by the storms,” said Rob LeBoeuf, Ruby Tuesday Senior Vice President and Chief People Officer.
Ruby Tuesday will make contributions in the following ways:
- Ruby Tuesday’s Ruby Relief Fund is an employee-sponsored fund that enables Ruby Tuesday team members to donate and provide financial assistance to others in times of natural or man-made disasters and crises. All Ruby Tuesday team members impacted by these storms are being taken care of through the relief funds, as it was originally created to do. Our employees have requested that, through the Ruby Tuesday Relief Fund, we direct $50,000 to the Red Cross to assist others in the recovery efforts.
- From Nov. 10 through Nov. 21, 2012, participating Ruby Tuesday restaurants will offer guests the option of voluntarily adding a donation to their dining checks. All guest donations collected during this time will be donated to the Red Cross.
- Through the Ruby Tuesday Community Give Back Program, an ongoing outreach initiative where charitable organizations are able to receive a percentage of net sales from guest meals at a scheduled event, participating Ruby Tuesday restaurants will hold Give Back nights on Nov. 19 and Nov. 26, 2012, in our New Jersey, Delaware and Long Island restaurants. Ruby Tuesday will give 20 percent of net sales from those events to the Red Cross.
“Superstorm Sandy affected millions of people and this week’s nor’easter has brought even more disruption to communities in its path,” said Neal Litvack, Chief Development Officer of the American Red Cross. “Through the generosity of supporters such as Ruby Tuesday, the Red Cross is providing shelters, hot meals, relief supplies, and emotional care to help families with their most critical needs now and as they begin to move toward recovery.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV