NORFOLK, Va., Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Norfolk Southern Foundation is increasing its support of American Red Cross Hurricane Sandy relief work. NS now will provide a 1:1 match for contributions made by active and retired NS employees to the organization.
Individual gifts of at least $25 (by check, credit card, and donated stock) will be matched under this special program. Gifts made between Nov. 6, 2012, and Dec. 31, 2012, will be matched up to a maximum corporate contribution of $50,000.
Employees and retirees who donate by check should print, fill out, and enclose a Norfolk Southern Foundation Matching Gifts form with their gifts.
Employees and retirees who donate by credit card should forward copies of their online receipts to Norfolk Southern Foundation, Box 229, Three Commercial Place, Norfolk VA 23510.In all cases, contributors should indicate on their matching gift forms that their donations are for "Hurricane Sandy Relief." The special matching program follows NS' Nov. 2 contribution of $100,000 to the American Red Cross. Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway subsidiary operates approximately 20,000 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal and industrial products. Connect with NS http://www.nscorp.com http://www.facebook.com/NorfolkSouthern http://www.flickr.com/photos/norfolksouthern http://www.twitter.com/nscorp http://www.youtube.com/user/norfolksoutherncorp
SOURCE Norfolk Southern Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV