WOONSOCKET, R.I., Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As communities in New Jersey and New York continue to recover from Hurricane Sandy, CVS/pharmacy has re-opened nearly all of its stores in affected areas and is assisting with local disaster relief efforts.
Access to Stores
More than 1,200 CVS/pharmacy locations have reopened since the storm struck the East Coast and CVS is using generators in about 60 stores located in areas that are still experiencing power outages. Only 16 stores remain closed due to water or wind damage.In two of the hardest-hit areas in which CVS/pharmacy stores will remain closed for an extended period of time, the Company will operate mobile pharmacies at the sites of the closed stores in order to ensure that these communities will continue to have access to their prescribed medications. CVS/pharmacy is now operating a mobile pharmacy at the site of its closed store at 9301 Ventnor Avenue in Margate City, NJ. Next week, CVS/pharmacy will begin operating a second mobile pharmacy at the site of its closed store at 88-07 Rockaway Beach Boulevard in Rockaway Beach, NY. "CVS/pharmacy is committed to ensuring that the communities we serve have access to pharmacy services and our colleagues have worked incredibly hard to reopen nearly all of our pharmacies," said Mark Cosby, President of CVS/pharmacy. "By using generators and mobile pharmacies to serve the areas most affected by the hurricane, we are well-positioned to aid in the recovery efforts in these communities." Supporting Relief Efforts Following last week's more than $100,000 donation through the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust and CVS/pharmacy to disaster relief organizations, an additional $100,000 has been donated to the ongoing recovery efforts in New Jersey and New York. This support includes:
- $55,000 from the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust to organizations including: Direct Relief, the Rebuild Hoboken Relief Fund, Jewish Family Services of Atlantic County in Margate, NJ and the Siller Tunnels to Towers Foundation in Staten Island.
- $30,000 in product donations from CVS/pharmacy delivered by local CVS store teams to the Miller Field relief site in Staten Island, the Breezy Point/ Rockaway Point (NY) Community Recovery Effort, the Hillside (NJ) Police Department's Comfort Station, the Roselle (NJ) Senior Citizen Housing Corporation, the USO to support more than 7,000 troops providing assistance at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, the Richmand Ave. Shelter in Staten Island via State Senator Andrew Lanza's office, and Manasquan (NJ) Area Churches.
- On-site support through MinuteClinic volunteer assistance for patients at a Staten Island shelter and pharmacist support of Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres to facilitate prescriptions for patients in need.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV