Parsing the Political Debate on Dodd-Frank
By Rory Eakin
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Dodd-Frank has been touted as the most sweeping financial regulatory reform since the Great Depression. But its impact on small business lending should be negligible.
The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act began as an 848-page document, and the rules and regulations stemming from the initial framework now fill nearly 9,000 pages.
Therefore, it shouldn't be surprising that Dodd-Frank has generated a firestorm of controversy (with plenty of fodder for politicians in both parties) and provided lively discussion during the recent presidential debates. Most relevant to our business at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV