At its 24 th Annual Symposium, Working for a Greener World, the Wildlife Habitat Council (WHC) announced that Waste Management (NYSE: WM) added eight new WHC certifications. WHC presented the company with eight new certifications for Wildlife at Work SM programs, 46 Wildlife at Work SM re-certifications, and three Corporate Lands for Learning SM program re-certifications. This brings the company-wide total to 134 certified programs at 116 sites.
Four Waste Management locations were presented additional awards at the Symposium. Rookie of the Year, Corporate Lands for Learning of the Year, NAPPC/WHC Pollinator Advocate and Wings over Wetlands.
“WHC members continue to raise the bar for conservation success. We connect corporations, conservation and community to create habitat and increase biodiversity. The projects being honored today are the best examples of our model at work,” said Margaret O’Gorman, WHC President. “Congratulations to Waste Management for its successful efforts towards habitat enhancement and biodiversity.”
The grassroots efforts of employee volunteers form the basis of Waste Management’s wildlife programs, and involve a variety of community partners. Environmental experts, scouts, elementary and high schools, community volunteers and other companies have joined the local Waste Management teams to improve natural habitat and provide outdoor educational opportunities.This year’s certifications also helped Waste Management to continue to surpass one of its company-wide sustainability goals well before the target year of 2020. In 2007, Waste Management pledged to preserve and restore 25,000 acres of wildlife habitat across North America. The company achieved this goal in 2010 and now protects more than 28,000 acres. Waste Management also committed to have WHC certified programs at 100 or more of its facilities. With the addition of this year’s certifications, the company has surpassed this goal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV