PHILADELPHIA, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has donated $250,000 to the American National Red Cross to help victims of Hurricane Sandy in the United States. The company also is contributing $80,000 through the British Red Cross for relief efforts in the wider Caribbean region – specifically Haiti, Cuba, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic – where Sandy initially made landfall. GSK is also matching dollar-for-dollar all employee contributions to the Red Cross and other relief organizations in the US.
The company is currently working through the process for an additional donation to support relief efforts in New Jersey.
"Our hearts go out to those who have experienced loss due to the storm," said Deirdre Connelly, President, North America Pharmaceuticals. "We hope our support will help relief workers respond to their most pressing needs."
GSK is working to support directly its US employees who have been seriously affected by the storm.GlaxoSmithKline – one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. For further information go to us.gsk.com, follow us on twitter.com/GSKUS or visit our blog ( www.morethanmedicine.us.gsk.com/blog/). SOURCE GlaxoSmithKline
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV