3 Stocks Pushing The Specialty Retail Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, PetSmart ( PETM) is down $0.50 (-0.8%) to $65.88 on light volume Thus far, 256,219 shares of PetSmart exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $65.63-$66.41 after having opened the day at $66.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.38. PetSmart, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer of products, services, and solutions for pets in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. PetSmart has a market cap of $7.2 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 29.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate PetSmart a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PetSmart as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full PetSmart Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the specialty retail industry could consider SPDR S&P Retail ETF ( XRT) while those bearish on the specialty retail industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts