3 Stocks Pushing The Specialty Retail Industry Lower
2. As of noon trading, Sothebys ( BID) is down $0.85 (-2.8%) to $29.40 on heavy volume Thus far, 802,667 shares of Sothebys exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 779,100 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $28.90-$30.32 after having opened the day at $29.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.25. Sotheby's, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an auctioneer of authenticated fine and decorative art, jewelry, and collectibles in the United States, the United Kingdom, China, France, and internationally. The company operates in three segments: Auction, Finance, and Dealer. Sothebys has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Sothebys a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sothebys as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Sothebys Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts