2. As of noon trading, Apache Corporation ( APA) is down $0.41 (-0.5%) to $78.48 on average volume Thus far, 1.6 million shares of Apache Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $77.80-$78.57 after having opened the day at $78.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.89. Apache Corporation, an independent energy company, explores for, develops, and produces natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. Apache Corporation has a market cap of $31.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 12.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 19 analysts that rate Apache Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Apache Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Get the full Apache Corporation Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts