3. As of noon trading, Hartford Financial Services Group ( HIG) is up $0.50 (2.5%) to $20.94 on light volume Thus far, 2.5 million shares of Hartford Financial Services Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $20.31-$20.98 after having opened the day at $20.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.44. The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides insurance and financial services primarily in the United States and Japan. Hartford Financial Services Group has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the insurance industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 27.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Hartford Financial Services Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Hartford Financial Services Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Hartford Financial Services Group Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts