3. As of noon trading, Nexen ( NXY) is up $0.65 (2.8%) to $24.16 on heavy volume Thus far, 6.6 million shares of Nexen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $23.50-$24.18 after having opened the day at $23.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.51. Nexen Inc. operates as an independent energy company worldwide. The company's Conventional Oil and Gas segment explores for, develops, and produces crude oil and natural gas from conventional sources. Nexen has a market cap of $12.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 33.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 49.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Nexen a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Nexen as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Get the full Nexen Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts