3 Stocks Pushing The Electronics Industry Higher
1. As of noon trading, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing ( TSM) is up $0.32 (2.0%) to $16.45 on average volume Thus far, 6.0 million shares of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $16.15-$16.46 after having opened the day at $16.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.13. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited engages in the computer-aided designing, manufacturing, packaging, testing, and selling integrated circuits and other semiconductor devices; and manufacturing masks. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing has a market cap of $83.8 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the electronics industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Technology ( IYW) while those bearish on the electronics industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Semiconductor ( SSG). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts