NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Another page for the "technology-makes-strange-bedfellows" files. FedEx (FDX) has announced that it's now in cahoots with Facebook (FB) to create something it's calling 'Ship to Friends'.
The idea is to make it easy for you to send a package to one (or many) Facebook friends. So, FedEx has just launched a Ship to Friends app which allows Facebook fans to prepare and pay for a domestic shipment without ever leaving that online environment.
FedEx says using the new app/service is easy, but here's the best part:
"Once a shipment is complete, people have the option to post to their friend's timeline that they're shipping a package to them and can include a customized message," it says. "The app also provides a drop-down menu of Facebook friends to select from as the recipient of the package, making it even easier to ship a package quickly."FedEx says its new app is available on desktop as well as mobile devices. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV