Using IBM Worklight's unique standards-based development approach and open integration capabilities, Rohde & Schwarz is able to overcome mobile application challenges that many organizations face – including mobilizing enterprise data across multiple platforms without compromising user experience or functionality, whether its sales team is using smartphones, tablets or laptops to access the information.
"By introducing mobile into our sales processes, our representatives can now access our in-house product database on the road and showcase brand new products to our clients in a meeting," said Manfred Metz, Corporate Mobility Manager, Rohde & Schwarz. "IBM enables us to not only efficiently develop these applications, but also easily integrate with a range of backend systems used across our entire enterprise. Now we are able to deliver exceptional apps in weeks instead of months."
New Mobile Software and Services Fuel Growth
While the opportunities presented by mobile are significant, there are a number of challenges facing clients when adopting mobile computing. This includes the management and security of devices and their underlying infrastructures, ensuring a quality mobile application experience for users across operating systems, new devices entering the market almost monthly, integrating data with the cloud, and analyzing insights captured in real-time.From consulting services to software solutions and industry expertise, organic R&D to key acquisitions, IBM offers clients a variety of offerings to quickly adopt mobile technologies throughout the organization. As global organizations struggle to keep pace with the opportunities that mobile computing can provide, IBM's new suite of capabilities will enable them to overcome these obstacles. For example:
- Mobile Planning and Strategy Services: Working with IBM consultants, clients can identify gaps and properly plan for the right mobile strategy.
- Mobile Analytics: Through analytics capabilities, chief marketing officers (CMOs), e-commerce and app developers can gain real-time access and deep intelligence into customers' online and app experience across mobile devices.
- Endpoint Security and Management: With new software and managed mobility services, clients can embrace the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend by simplifying the processes to secure devices and empower employees to manage their own devices. These capabilities extend to the management and support of Apple (including iOS 6), Android, Microsoft Windows operating system (including Windows 8) and Blackberry devices.
- Mobile App Development: Using the IBM Mobile Foundation will help clients better support native app development and make it easier to build apps that function in the absence of a network connection. New Lifecycle Management software will help clients quickly develop high quality apps across multiple platforms. New managed service capabilities will also provide organizations with support for deploying, implementing and managing their mobile apps and app stores.
- Social Collaboration for Mobile: With new social business enhancements, an organization's mobile workforce can use their mobile devices to blog, get live updates from their social networks, access and edit files. New remote data wipe capabilities also help protect company data in case a device is lost or stolen.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts