Illinois CPAs Supporting Our Troops This Veteran's Day With Free Tax Prep Program
Illinois CPA Society members use their skills to show their thanks to those who serve our Country
CHICAGO, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This Veteran's Day, the Illinois CPA Society offers a way for the men and women who serve our country to get a little in return. ICPAS, through the Military Service Tax Preparation Project – a partnership with the Internal Revenue Service, is once again offering free federal and state income tax preparation performed by member volunteers to active duty military members and their families throughout the state.
Especially valuable as tax season approaches, this year-round program is available to members of the Armed Forces who have recently returned from or are still serving in a combat zone or qualified hazardous duty area. Volunteer CPAs use their experience and expertise to help military families take full advantage of the unique tax benefits, exclusions and filing extensions available to them. Illinois CPA Society volunteers have helped more than 300 military personnel since the program began by making the stressful task of tax preparation easier and alleviating one small concern at a tough time in their lives.
The Military Service Tax Preparation Project is designed to help those who don't have a relationship with a CPA and who would otherwise have few resources for financial advice and information on IRS guidelines for military personnel. To qualify for free tax preparation assistance, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Illinois resident;
- Be a member of the U.S. Armed Forces having served in a combat zone or qualified hazardous duty area within the 2012 tax calendar year;
- Be a member of the U.S. Armed Forces serving in a contingency operation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV