Evans & Sutherland Computer Corporation (E&S) (OTCPK: ESCC) today reported financial results in its Form 10-Q filing for the third quarter ended September 28, 2012.
Sales for the third quarter were $5.4 million, compared to sales of $6.9 million for the third quarter 2011. Net loss for the quarter was $1.1 million or $0.10 per share compared to a net loss for the third quarter 2011 of $1.3 million or $0.12 per share. Backlog as of September 28, 2012 was $15.6 million compared to backlog of $17.4 million as of December 31, 2011.
Comments from David H. Bateman, President and Chief Executive Officer: “Sales for the third quarter and first nine months of 2012 were lower than the comparable periods of 2011; however, the gross profit percentage improved in 2012 and offset most of the negative consequences of lower sales. As a result, the 2012 gross profit contribution for the third quarter decreased slightly while it improved for the nine month period compared to 2011. The low 2012 sales were attributable to lower than expected new sales bookings. Customer bookings improved slightly in the third quarter but were still less than expected. While the sales backlog is low compared to recent history, sales prospects remain strong and the low bookings appear attributable to the timing of customer decisions rather than lost opportunities. For this reason, we remain hopeful that the sales backlog will recover with stronger bookings for the remainder of 2012.
“As a result of our expectations for sales and operating expenses, we do not expect to record net income for the remainder of 2012. Although we expect to record a loss for 2012 we continue to believe that our annualized results can reach close to breakeven under our current cost structure with recovery of future sales levels comparable to 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV