Anne T. McKenna, Veteran Trial Attorney, Author, Lecturer And Adjunct Professor, Joins Silverman, Thompson, Slutkin & White As A Partner Of The Firm And Chair Of The Firm's Internet And Privacy Law Practice Group
BALTIMORE, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Silverman, Thompson, Slutkin & White is pleased to announce that Anne T. McKenna has joined the firm as a Partner. Anne will chair STSW's Internet and Privacy Law Practice Group, SILVERMCKENNA, www.silvermckenna.com.
"Anne is a uniquely gifted lawyer, and it's a great honor to have her as a partner of our firm," said Silverman, Thompson, Slutkin & White Managing Partner Steven D. Silverman. "Our clients will benefit from her insights and experience and great legal mind. We also are committed to supporting her ongoing work as an author, lecturer and adjunct professor and to providing whatever she needs to continue her ground-breaking work in the area of privacy law."
Andrew Slutkin, a partner in the law firm, added the following about Ms. McKenna joining the firm as a partner: "She is not only an outstanding jurist and an outstanding lawyer, but an outstanding person. I cannot overstate how excited we are to have Anne at the firm and as a member of our management team. What a wonderful honor this is that Anne selected our firm," Slutkin said.As co-author of three treatises: Wiretapping & Eavesdropping: Surveillance in the Internet Age, 3rd Ed. Fishman & McKenna (West/Thomson); Jones on Evidence, 7th Ed. , Fishman & McKenna (West/Thomson/Reuters), and Wiretapping & Eavesdropping, 2nd Ed. , Fishman & McKenna (West)—all three of which are frequently cited by federal and state courts throughout the country—Anne is one of the nation's leading and most-cited experts in Internet, computer and cellular electronic surveillance law and privacy law. Anne has worked extensively on Internet, Cellular and electronic surveillance-related privacy matters and evidence issues over the last two decades. Anne also spent those years handling complex civil cases in federal and state courts in Maryland and the District of Columbia. Anne represents private businesses, educational and institutional clients, and individuals in handling every aspect of Internet, computer, e-mail, and cellular issues, including monitoring employees' and students' communications and usage. Anne advises businesses and schools about legally compliant computer and web practices as well as network banner issues. Anne works with federal and state law enforcement, prosecutors, and defense counsel regarding computer searches, cellular technology and cellular tracking, as these clients navigate the complexities of state and federal electronic surveillance and tracking laws. Anne is frequently interviewed in both live and pre-recorded television news segments covering electronic privacy, Internet and social media matters. Anne received her undergraduate degree from The Catholic University of America (CUA) in 1991, and her Juris Doctor degree from The Catholic University of America's School of Law in 1994. At CUA Law, Anne received the American Jurisprudence Award in Advanced Criminal Procedure/Investigative Process; she was a Moot Court Associate, and a member of the Women's Law Caucus and the International Law Society. Her activities in law school included an internship with the Honorable Ellen Segal Huvelle (then Judge of the D.C. Superior Court, now Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia), as well as working in CUA's renowned litigation clinic. Shortly after law school, Miles & Stockbridge hired Anne. While there, Anne worked directly with the Honorable James R. Eyler and began immediately representing large corporate clients handling catastrophic loss cases, medical malpractice cases, toxic torts, insurance defense and insurance coverage in federal and state courts. Anne co-tried multiple jury trials during her tenure at Miles & Stockbridge. In 1997, Anne and other attorneys from Miles & Stockbridge co-founded Crosswhite, McKenna, Limbrick & Sinclair, LLC, which within one year of inception became an AV-rated premier Baltimore litigation boutique representing businesses and individuals in federal and state courts in Maryland and the District of Columbia. Since 2008, Anne has served as an Adjunct Professor at Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C., where she teaches about Media law, Privacy and the Internet. Anne's practice areas include:
- Employee/employer electronic privacy rights and liabilities, including misuse of digital data and actions arising under the Computer Fraud & Abuse Act
- Educational and Institutional digital and Internet issues, such as:
- Developing policy and procedure manuals for Internet and cellular use
- Complying with applicable state and federal digital privacy laws and regulations
- Monitoring student and employee Internet activity, communications and social media
- Avoiding liability.
- Internet defamation
- Media-related Internet Issues, including libel, defamation, and privacy torts
- Evidentiary issues arising from Internet, computer and cellular devices, and Social Media
- Internet and cellular texting/sexting and child pornography laws
- Internet Jurisdictional issues
- Federal and State electronic and privacy statutory compliance for businesses and websites
- Internet and online activity tracking
- CANSPAM law compliance
- The use of biometrics by private industry and government, including Facial Recognition
- Fourth Amendment Internet and cellular-related issues
- All types of Internet and cellular/smartphone related litigation
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts