For the fourth year running, Paychex, Inc., a leading provider of payroll, human resource, and employee benefits solutions for America’s small- and medium-sized businesses, has been honored by the National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging employees to support and maintain healthy lifestyles.
Paychex was among 66 U.S. employers that received the 2012 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles award at a Leadership Summit sponsored by the National Business Group on Health’s Institute on Innovation in Workforce Well-being. Paychex received a Gold Award for its Active Health wellness program, a comprehensive initiative offered to 12,000+ Paychex employees nationwide.
“To be recognized as a leader in employee wellness is a tremendous honor,” said Laurie Zaucha, Paychex vice president of human resources and organizational development. “Paychex has a longstanding commitment to wellness, and we’re proud that our program has evolved to include a variety of resources to help our employees be as healthy as they can be – all in a fun, interactive, and supportive environment.”
The Paychex Active Health program is integrated into the company’s medical benefits in a way that helps employees appreciate the relationship between their lifestyle, their health, and their health care costs. This integration gives employees who are engaged in their health access to the best medical coverage. More than 90% of Paychex employees participate in the program, which has popular, employee-friendly features such as:
- a dedicated wellness website rich with tools, information, and interactive activities
- a points program that offers a cash reward for healthy behaviors
- free onsite biometric health screenings and flu shots
- free access to a best-in-class tobacco cessation program for employees and eligible dependents
- professional health coaching and online health improvement programs
- volunteer employee wellness champions at each of the company’s 100+ offices nationwide, who coordinate wellness activities at the local level
- team-based worksite programs that offer fun, competition, and peer-to-peer encouragement