MIAMI, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford has tripled to more than 200 the number of dealers certified to sell plug-in electrified vehicles, including C-MAX Energi – Ford's first-ever plug-in hybrid
- More than 900 dealers are either certified or enrolled for certification, far outpacing Ford's original estimates for 350 total, with 25 percent of buyers placing plug-in hybrids on their shopping lists
- Ford plans certified dealers in all 50 states by early 2013 when the new Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid arrives, adding to one of the industry's most fuel-efficient lineups that beats Toyota in fuel economy in every segment where both compete
- 2013 C-MAX Energi is America's most fuel-efficient plug-in hybrid – certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to offer the equivalent of 105 miles per gallon (MPGe) combined – 5 MPGe more than Prius Plug-in
Ford has tripled to more than 200 the number of dealers certified to sell its lineup of plug-in electrified vehicles, including the new C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid that is on sale now and delivers the equivalent of 105 mpg combined in electric mode, beating the Toyota Prius Plug-in by 5 MPGe.
Ford's plug-in electrified vehicle dealer growth comes as the number of new vehicle shoppers considering plug-in hybrids has grown to 25 percent. In total, 900 dealers are either certified or enrolled for certification, nearly triple Ford's initial plans for about 350 certified dealers by early 2013.
Ford vehicles now deliver better fuel economy than Toyota in every segment in which the two companies compete with the launches of the new Escape, Fusion and C-MAX hybrids."Ford's strategy to deliver the power of choice for leading fuel economy across our lineup seems very well timed as our customers and dealers are showing significant interest in vehicles such as the C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid," says C.J. O'Donnell, Ford Electrified Vehicle Marketing manager. "C-MAX Energi joins C-MAX Hybrid to help Ford take on Prius for the first time, with great early signs as the hybrid outsold Prius v in its first full month of sales in October." The first 67 certified dealers were in California, New York and New Jersey and have been selling the Focus Electric since spring. By early 2013, Focus Electric and C-MAX Energi will be joined by Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid – expected to be the world's most fuel-efficient sedan by achieving more than 100 MPGe in electric mode – and available at certified dealers nationwide. Greener dealers selling greener vehicles Certification means the dealerships have met the automaker's guidelines for dealers selling electric vehicles – including installation of at least two onsite charging stations and participation in highly specialized training in the field of electric vehicles.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts