COPD Alliance Offers Tools, Guidance To Help Clinicians Fight COPD
NORTHBROOK, Ill., Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As COPD Awareness Month continues throughout November, the COPD Alliance ( www.copd.org) again is providing free tools and resources to help clinicians battle COPD. This year the COPD Alliance is also launching the "Destroy the Pack, Don't Look Back" photo contest which is asking people to submit original photos depicting the most creative way to destroy cigarettes, all in an effort to encourage smokers to quit. People can participate in the contest by visiting the COPD Alliance Facebook page at http://bit.ly/UyyP9E.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/59039-copd-alliance-launches-anti-smoking-social-media-campaign-photo-contest
An estimated 24 million Americans have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), half of whom remain undiagnosed, and the disease is the third leading cause of death in the United States.This year the COPD Alliance, in addition to encouraging clinicians to take the four STEPs to become COPD Prepared, will be offering the following free COPD Prepared tools and resources to clinicians, facilities, and organizations committed to battling COPD:
- COPD Alliance-endorsed Population Screener ™: The first step clinicians should take in fighting COPD is to use a validated screening tool to identify patients who may be at risk for COPD. Clinicians can download the COPD Alliance-endorsed population screener by visiting www.copd.org. The screener is available in Spanish and English.
- COPD Prepared Website Widget—The website widget provides functionality for both clinicians and consumers. On one side, patients can take the COPD Alliance-endorsed Population Screener ™ to assess their risk for COPD and find additional information on COPD. The other side of the widget, developed for clinicians, explains the four STEPs to becoming COPD Prepared and provides them with information and tools. Clinicians, healthcare facilities and others committed to fighting COPD can add the website widget to their own websites, blogs, and other online mediums by inserting simple script, found at http://copd.org/join-cause.
- "The Impact of COPD" Graphic: The COPD Alliance has created a graphic, "The Impact of COPD," that visually conveys the health, monetary and societal effects of COPD. Clinicians are encouraged to download the graphic, and place it in their facilities or on their websites as a patient education tool.
- COPD Prepared Button—To show their support in the fight against COPD and show they have taken the four STEPs to become COPD Prepared, clinicians, health-care facilities, and organizations can download a COPD Prepared button and place it on their online outlets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV