That's not to say that MHP hasn't been subject to some scrutiny. Like other ratings agencies, Standard & Poor's took a lot of heat for its role in the credit crisis, and then it took even more heat last year when it downgraded U.S. debt. While that scrutiny has largely blown over, the firm will need to put more eyes on how its heavily regulated ratings arm makes decisions if it wants to keep a lucrative business operating smoothly. Despite a couple of detractors, this stock has a net cash position for the first time in a while, and it looks well positioned for a dividend hike in the next quarter.
To see these dividend plays in action, check out the at Dividend Stocks for the Week portfolio on Stockpickr.
And if you haven't already done so, join Stockpickr today to create your own dividend portfolio.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV