Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:32 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Friday:
Cramer said Alliant Technology (ATK) indicated sales are strong ahead of what may be big defense spending cuts. He was also bullish on Holly Frontier (HFC), saying that he still loves the oil refiners.
Alliant shares closed out the week up 5% while Holly Frontier rose nearly 1%.Cramer was also upbeat on liquor giant Diageo (DEO) and Marathon Oil (MRO), a driller with lots of exposure to the Eagle Ford shale region of the country. Diageo shares closed up nearly 1%. Marathon oil was up 2%. He turned bearish when asked about Nvidia (NVDA) however, with noting that even Intel (INTC) was unable to make a profit selling graphics chips. Nvidia shares closed down 4% Friday. Finally, Cramer commented that after months of declines, ZipCar (ZIP) appears to have finally put in a bottom. There was plenty of zip in ZipCar shares, closing the week up nearly 16%.
To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV