CHICAGO and TORONTO, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BMO Financial Group today announced that its BMO Harris Bank branches across the United States and its BMO Bank of Montreal branches across Canada are now accepting donations to the Red Cross to support relief efforts for those affected by the catastrophic damage caused by Hurricane Sandy.
This follows last week's announcement from BMO Capital Markets of a $150,000 donation to the American Red Cross.
"The devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy has affected so many people," said Bill Downe, President and CEO, BMO Financial Group. "We hope that providing a convenient way to contribute to hurricane relief efforts will help facilitate more donations across North America and help alleviate some of the difficulties people are facing in the wake of this disaster."
Donations will continue to be accepted at branches until December 7, 2012.About BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817 as Bank of Montreal, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified North American financial services organization. With total assets of $542 billion as at July 31, 2012, and more than 46,000 employees, BMO Financial Group provides a broad range of retail banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions. Internet: www.bmo.com Twitter: @BMOmedia SOURCE BMO Financial Group
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV