SKECHERS USA, Inc. (NYSE:SKX) announced that elite marathon runner Meb presented a $25,000 check to the Mayors Fund in New York City on behalf of SKECHERS for rebuilding efforts after the destruction of Superstorm Sandy. Meb also appeared on Monday at a special fundraising event at the SKECHERS Times Square store where the footwear company donated 20% of all sales raising additional money for the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund.
To aid families that have been displaced or lost their homes during the hurricane, SKECHERS worked with Fashion Delivers to get 500 pairs of footwear immediately into the hands of two relief efforts: the Secaucus Municipal Center in New Jersey and The Legacy Center in Queens. SKECHERS also will be donating a large number of pairs via its charity footwear line that will reach children impacted by the storm in December.
“I arrived last week in New York to run as I have so many times before. Then after witnessing the storm’s devastation and hearing stories from those affected, the priorities of this amazing city became crystal clear,” began Meb. “There’s always another race, but those who lost their homes or friends or family members need our assistance today. I’m fortunate to be here and I hope that together with SKECHERS we’ve been able to help some of those who need it most.”
“Many of our retail associates and retail partners were impacted by this storm,” added SKECHERS president Michael Greenberg. “So, we quickly mobilized to figure out how to best help and we’re glad Meb was able to collaborate on raising both money and awareness. We also want to thank the countless runners—both local and visiting for the marathon—who attended our fundraising event on Monday. It’s truly a fantastic and supportive community.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV