DALLAS, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Alliance Data Systems Corporation (NYSE: ADS), a leading provider of loyalty and marketing solutions derived from transaction-rich data, today announced that it has reached an agreement to acquire the Hyper Marketing ("HMI") group of companies, the largest privately held marketing services agency in the United States.
HMI offers the full breadth of ROI-based marketing services through Ryan Partnership, CatapultRPM, SolutionSet and Getmembers.com, including: digital user experience design technology, specializing in websites, social media platforms and mobility; customer relationship marketing; consumer promotions marketing; direct and digital shopper marketing; distributed and local area marketing; and analytical services that include brand planning and consumer insights. HMI is privately owned by Lake Capital and its affiliates, and has approximately 1,100 employees based primarily in Chicago, San Francisco and Wilton, Conn.
Strategic Fit: Provides Digital Capabilities, New Verticals, Scale, and Top TalentThe $400 billion annual marketing spend in North America continues its secular shift away from traditional general advertising and toward measurable, ROI-based targeted marketing. It is estimated that this latter market is now 50 percent of the total market and growing at a consistent mid to high-single-digit pace annually. The ability to successfully navigate and leverage the benefits of this vast and growing market requires a new breed of agency that focuses on building customer connections. This agency model drives business performance through dynamic engagement and meaningful customer experience, and requires a number of critical capabilities. Epsilon is currently the only end-to-end solution offering the "critical five" capabilities that provide the optimal suite of solutions to capitalize on this secular shift, with a focus on meeting the changing set of needs at the CMO level:
- Strategy/creative – working with the C-Suite to conceptualize, develop and execute comprehensive brand marketing strategies focused on customer acquisition, retention and brand loyalty
- Data – providing clients with unique, proprietary insights into their customers' behaviors and channel preferences through transactional, demographic and psychographic data
- Database – processing significant amounts of consumer data and populating sophisticated loyalty and acquisition marketing platforms to enable dynamic marketing initiatives
- Analytics – using advanced analytic techniques to discern and optimize customer behavior
- Distribution – optimizing consumer targeting by leveraging all communications channels, including permission-based email, targeted display, mobile, social, direct mail and point-of-sale