CLEVELAND, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. (NYSE: CLF) (Paris: CLF) announced today it has established a working relationship with the U.S. Army to support its Partnership for Youth Success (PaYS) Program. Through PaYS, the Army provides pre-qualified, trained, and honorably discharged veterans as future skilled employees for the Company.
"I am very pleased to announce our partnership with the U.S. Army as we celebrate Veterans Day across the nation. This is one positive way to thank and give back to our veterans," said Jim Michaud, Cliffs' senior vice president, and chief human resources officer. "Cliffs is proud to support and recruit among some of the most dedicated and patriotic young men and women."
The Partnership for Youth Success Program is a strategic partnership between the U.S. Army and a cross section of nearly 400 corporations, companies, and public sector agencies. The program provides America's youth with an opportunity to serve their country while they prepare for their future. As a PaYS partner company, Cliffs maintains ongoing contact with soldiers identified in the program and provides interviewing opportunities at the end of their military commitment. The PaYS soldier agrees to fulfill their Army obligation and benefits with future hiring preference with a partnership company such as Cliffs. Cliffs intends to utilize this program to recruit employees for its U.S. iron ore and coal mining operations.Cliffs has over 300 employees who are or have served in the U.S. armed forces or reserves. The Company has a strong history of supporting its military employees and their families and has been recognized for its exemplary corporate citizenship. This includes:
- Northshore Mining, a recipient of the Patriotic Employer Award
- "Yellow Ribbon Company" by the State of Minnesota
- Above and Beyond Award from the Michigan ESGR
- Hire Vets First Award recognized the Company's Michigan Operations in their efforts in helping veterans find employment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV