hi HealthInnovations, a UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) company and Optum business, has launched a new program to make hearing aids more affordable for U.S. veterans and their spouses.
The new program offers veterans and their spouses high-quality, custom-programmed digital hearing aids for as little as $649 to $849 each, depending on the model chosen. That compares to some hearing aids that retail for as much as $4,000 each.
Hearing loss is a growing health concern for some veterans, in part because of their history of noise exposure experienced during their time of service. Hearing loss is the second most common health condition among veterans, affecting more than 670,000 members of the armed forces nationwide, according to The Hearing Journal.
To access the discount program, veterans work with a health professional, such as an audiologist, hearing aid dispenser or primary care physician, to get their hearing tested. Those results, along with a copy of the veteran’s military ID card or discharge papers, can then be submitted by either fax or mail:
- Fax test results to: 1-877-955-4336
- Mail test results to: hi HealthInnovations, 3033 Momentum Place, Chicago, IL 60689.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV