This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
Stocks Under $10 with 50-100% upside potential - 14 days FREE!

Apollo Global Management, LLC Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results

APOLLO GLOBAL MANAGEMENT, LLC

SUPPLEMENTAL SEGMENT INFORMATION (UNAUDITED)

Supplemental Segment Information

Private Equity Dollars Invested and Uncalled Commitments

The following table summarizes the private equity dollars invested during the specified reporting periods:

       
For the Three Months Ended September 30, For the Nine Months Ended September 30,
  2012     2011   2012     2011
(in millions)
Private equity dollars invested $ 78 $ 757 $ 2,719 $ 2,124
 

The following table summarizes the uncalled private equity commitments as of September 30, 2012, December 31, 2011 and September 30, 2011:

         
As of September 30, 2012 As of December 31, 2011 As of September 30, 2011
(in millions)
Uncalled private equity commitments $ 7,105 $ 8,204 $ 9,376
 

Cost and Fair Value of our Funds’ Investments by Segment

The following table provides a summary of the cost and fair value of our funds’ investments by segment:

         
As of September 30, 2012 As of December 31, 2011 As of September 30, 2011
(in millions)
Private Equity:
Cost $ 16,386 $ 15,956 $ 15,141
Fair Value

25,353

20,700 19,093
 
Credit:
Cost 15,978 10,917 $ 10,272
Fair Value 17,460 11,696 10,004
 
Real Estate:
Cost 3,883 4,791 $ 4,798
Fair Value 3,550 4,344 4,279
 

As of September 30, 2012, approximately 74% of the fair value of our fund investments was determined using market-based valuation methods (i.e., reliance on broker or listed exchange quotes) and the remaining 26% was determined primarily by comparable company and industry multiples or discounted cash flow models. For our private equity, credit and real estate segments, the percentage determined using market-based valuation methods as of September 30, 2012 was 64%, 86% and 49%, respectively.

6 of 8

Select the service that is right for you!

COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Action Alerts PLUS
Try it NOW

Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
  • Weekly roundups
TheStreet Quant Ratings
Try it NOW
Only $49.95/yr

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
  • Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Stocks Under $10
Try it NOW

David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
  • Weekly roundups
Dividend Stock Advisor
Try it NOW

Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
  • Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Real Money Pro
Try it NOW

All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.

Product Features:
  • Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
  • Intraday commentary & news
  • Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Options Profits
Try it NOW

Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • 100+ monthly options trading ideas
  • Actionable options commentary & news
  • Real-time trading community
  • Options TV
To begin commenting right away, you can log in below using your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, OpenID or Yahoo login credentials. Alternatively, you can post a comment as a "guest" just by entering an email address. Your use of the commenting tool is subject to multiple terms of service/use and privacy policies - see here for more details.
Submit an article to us!
DOW 17,001.22 -38.27 -0.22%
S&P 500 1,988.40 -3.97 -0.20%
NASDAQ 4,538.5510 +6.4470 0.14%

Brokerage Partners

Rates from Bankrate.com

  • Mortgage
  • Credit Cards
  • Auto

Free Newsletters from TheStreet

My Subscriptions:

After the Bell

Before the Bell

Booyah! Newsletter

Midday Bell

TheStreet Top 10 Stories

Winners & Losers

Register for Newsletters
Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs