URI developed, in conjunction with the Navajo Nation and the City of Gallup, the Section 8 / Navajo-Gallup Groundwater Report and Conjunctive Use Evaluation for its Section 8 uranium in-situ recovery (“ISR”) project. The study results indicate that existing area water wells will not be impacted by Section 8 ISR activities, during mining operations or into the future. Additionally, the study demonstrated that there is no discernible risk that ISR activities would adversely affect groundwater available for the City of Gallup and the Navajo Nation’s coordinated water supply project.
On July 31, 2012, URI was granted temporary access to Sections 8, 9 and 17 for regulatory visits and to support license or permit requirements. As part of the agreement, Hydro Resources, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of URI, offered to complete remediation of legacy mining activities at the Sections 17 or 8 properties prior to commencing in situ leach recovery on Section 8. Discussions continue with the Navajo Nation, with the objective to reach a comprehensive agreement, mutually beneficial to both parties, regarding the production of uranium in New Mexico. The groundwater report developed in conjunction with the Navajo Nation supports the safety of ISR mining in New Mexico.
The Company continues to refine the feasibility study performed on Section 8 and expects to release a summary of the study in December 2012. Royalty discussions are also ongoing, which are intended to improve the economic viability of the project.
On August 31, 2012, URI successfully completed a stock-for-stock transaction to acquire 100% of the equity of Neutron Energy, Inc, resulting in the addition of over 50 million pounds of in-place mineralized uranium material. With this acquisition, URI gained operational synergies for the development of its assets in New Mexico, as well as added a previously permitted conventional mill site to its asset base.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV