K12 Inc. (NYSE: LRN), a leading provider of proprietary, technology-based curriculum, software and education services created for individualized learning for students primarily in kindergarten through 12th grade, today announced its results for the first fiscal quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Summary Financial Results for Q1 Fiscal 2013
- Revenues for first quarter FY 2013 grew to $221.1 million, an increase of $27.8 million, or 14.4 percent, over the prior year.
- EBITDA for Q1 FY 2013 (see GAAP reconciliation below) was $24.3 million, an increase of $3.0 million, or 14.1 percent, as compared to $21.3 million for the prior year.
- Operating income was $8.7 million, an increase of $0.4 million, or 4.8 percent, as compared to $8.3 million for the prior year.
- Net income to common and Series A stockholders was $4.4 million as compared to $4.6 million in the prior year, a decrease of 4.3 percent.
- Diluted earnings per share were $0.11 as compared to $0.12 in the prior year.
K12 Continues to Lead Technology-Driven Transformation to Individualized Education
Ron Packard, Chief Executive Officer of K12 Inc., commented: “K12 continues to lead the technology-driven transformation of education to individualized, child-driven learning. This quarter was in line with our expectations and puts us on track to make our annual guidance. Our core virtual Managed Public School business remains strong and is growing at a healthy rate.”Continued Mr. Packard, “We are working hard and making substantial investments to recruit and train the force of 21 st century teachers and develop the products, processes and operational infrastructure to meet the needs of a growing and increasingly diverse student base, as our average student enrollments in Managed Public Schools grew to 121,665 in the first quarter of fiscal 2013 from 106,665 in the same period in the prior year, an increase of over 14 percent.” “Looking ahead to the balance of fiscal 2013, we are pleased to re-confirm our annual guidance on the basis of this solid quarter,” Mr. Packard concluded.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV