THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, November 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell plc (Shell) (NYSE: RDS.A) (NYSE: RDS.B), has completed the assignment of its 30% interest in Oil Mining Lease 30 (OML30) in the Niger Delta to Shoreline Natural Resources Limited (Shoreline). Total cash proceeds for Shell amount to some US$567 million.
This divestment is part of the re-shaping of SPDC's onshore portfolio and is in line with the Federal Government of Nigeria's aim of developing Nigerian companies in the country's upstream oil and gas business.
Shell has been in Nigeria for more than 50 years and remains committed to keeping a long-term presence there - both onshore and offshore. Through SPDC and its other Nigerian companies, Shell responsibly produces the oil and gas needed to fuel the economic and industrial growth that generates wealth for the nation and jobs for Nigerians.OML30 covers an area of some 1097 square kilometres and includes the Kokori, Afiesere, Oweh, Olomore, Eriemu, Evwreni, Oroni and Isioka fields and related facilities. The divested infrastructure includes most of the Trans Forcados major crude oil pipeline from OML30 to the Forcados River manifold. The remaining 8 km to the Forcados terminal will remain with the SPDC joint venture. The divested fields produced around 35,000 barrels per day of oil and condensate (100%). Total E&P Nigeria Limited (10%) and Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (5%) have also assigned their interests in the lease, ultimately giving Shoreline a 45% interest. All approvals have been received from the relevant authorities of the Federal Government of Nigeria. Notes to editors SPDC is the operator of a joint venture between the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (55%), Shell (30%), Total E&P Nigeria Limited (10%) and Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (5%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV