BMW Group Increases Sales By 13.2% In October
MUNICH, November 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Best October ever with 157,618 BMW Group vehicles delivered
- BMW brand sales volume up 15.4%
- Robertson: We aim to continue the momentumThe BMW Group's sales growth was once again in the double-digit range in October. A total of 157,618 BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce vehicles were delivered to customers, an increase of 13.2% compared to the same month in the previous year (139,284) and a new record high for the month. For the year to the end of October, sales volumes climbed to 1,493,153 units, an increase of 8.8% compared to the same period in 2011 (1,371,903) and a new all time high for the company. (Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121109/573659 ) Ian Robertson, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, responsible for Sales and Marketing BMW: "Following a record third quarter, the BMW Group posted its highest ever sales for the month of October. We achieved solid gains in many of our markets last month, especially in Asia and the Americas and we aim to continue the momentum in the next months. We are well on course to achieve a new sales record in 2012, despite the headwind present in some European markets." In Asia , BMW Group sales surged by 36.5% in October to 41,028 vehicles (prev. yr. 30,067). The company made strong gains in Asia in the first ten months of the year, with sales climbing by 28.1% to 398,870 vehicles (prev. yr. 311,290). Mainland China accounted for 27,828 deliveries in October, an increase of 51.7% over the same month in the previous year (18,346). The substantial gains can be attributed to the current ramp-up of the locally-produced BMW X1 and BMW 3 Series Long Wheelbase, as well as the year-on-year effect due to the run-out of the BMW 3 Series at the end of last year. Year-to-date, 264,884 BMW and MINI vehicles have been sold in Mainland China (prev. yr. 195,868), which reflects an increase of 35.2%. In the Americas, the BMW Group also experienced strong growth in October with 39,154 vehicles delivered, an increase of 20.0% on the previous year (32,626). Since the beginning of the year, 330,042 vehicles were delivered to customers in the Americas (prev. yr. 306,190/ +7.8%). In the U.S., BMW Group sales climbed 18.5% in October to 32,339 vehicles (prev. yr. 27,288). Year-to-date, the BMW Group is up 8.4% on sales of 267,267 vehicles in the first ten months of 2012 compared to 246,602 in the same period in 2011. In Europe , the BMW Group delivered 71,368 vehicles last month (prev. yr. 71,587/-0.3%). For the period from January to October, BMW Group sales remained at around last year's level, with a total of 711,197 vehicles delivered (prev. yr. 706,600/ +0.7%). BMW brand worldwide sales increased by 15.4% in October to 132,823 vehicles (prev. yr. 115,141). Demand for the BMW 1 Series remained strong, with sales climbing 36.3% to 19,986 units (prev. yr. 14,668). Solid gains were also achieved by the BMW 3 Series, with 37,123 vehicles delivered last month (prev. yr. 31,768/ +16.9%). Sales of the BMW 5 Series increased by 0.1% to 26,404 vehicles (prev. yr. 26,371). The BMW X1 continued its momentum with sales jumping by 38.4% to 14,090 vehicles (prev. yr. 10,178). Sales for the BMW X3 continued to be strong with 12,668 units delivered (prev. yr. 10,951/ +15.7%). BMW vehicles in the upper segment also performed well: 2,113 units of the BMW 6 Series were sold, an increase of 83.3% on the previous year (1,153); sales of the BMW X5 increased by 16.4% to 9,630 units (prev. yr. 8,273) and sales of the BMW X6 climbed by 24.4% to 3,794 units (prev. yr. 3,050). From January to October, 1,242,817 BMW brand vehicles were delivered, which was 9.3% higher than for the same period in the previous year (1,137,096).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts