The Gap (GPS)
Can't decide between a Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic or Piperlime or Athleta card? It really doesn't matter. Any of those cards can be used at all the stores in the Gap family, which is a godsend for folks on your list with fickle fashion sense or fast-changing taste.
Good for a Banana Republic work-appropriate silk shirt or a messy teen's cheap Old Navy jeans, the $10 to $500 gift card for each store has the same policy. The card never expires, has no fees, ships for free if ordered online and can be used in stores or on the various brand's websites.Also, if there's less than $5 on the card, for example, the user has the option to either reload or get cash back. If that same user decides to shun the Gap brands altogether, Gap will give him or her a check for the value of the unused card. Home Depot (HD) Anyone who's ever managed their cash to the dime after buying their first home, had a pipe burst in their apartment or has had to rebuild after a storm knows how handy a home and garden store gift card can be. Home Depot's $10 to $500 gift card has one very important feature its competitors' cards don't: the ability to use it both in store and online, combine multiple cards into one, send it as an e-card and customize it with various background images or your own image. Trivial as that may seem, it's a subtle way to say it's time to replace a bathroom faucet or replace that gutter above the front door before it crushes the mailman. A feature that notifies buyers when their gift cards were viewed is also handy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV