How long it will be before the bigger rivals figure out a way to eat away at Fusion-IO margins? Evidence suggests the company has also wondered about this. To that end, it has forged partnerships with Cisco (CSCO) and NetApp (NTAP), hoping they will help produce the level of revenue needed to keep the growth momentum going.
While I am bullish on the company here, I understand there are no guarantees, particularly as IBM and EMC lurk in the background with piles of cash and resources, enough to make a meaningful impact in Fusion-IO's momentum. Then again, if they could, they likely would have done so already.
Normally this is the part where I start talking about valuation and how expensive the stock is, but with a growth trajectory such as what Fusion-IO is on I just don't see a point in doing that here.
The company's value is in the way that it saves enterprises money while helping companies become more efficient. These are areas that very few companies can afford to ignore. Likewise, ignoring Fusion-IO and its growth potential may one day yield plenty of investor regret.At the time of publication, the author had a position in AAPL. Follow @rsaintvilus This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV