How long it will be before the bigger rivals figure out a way to eat away at Fusion-IO margins? Evidence suggests the company has also wondered about this. To that end, it has forged partnerships with Cisco (CSCO) and NetApp (NTAP), hoping they will help produce the level of revenue needed to keep the growth momentum going.
While I am bullish on the company here, I understand there are no guarantees, particularly as IBM and EMC lurk in the background with piles of cash and resources, enough to make a meaningful impact in Fusion-IO's momentum. Then again, if they could, they likely would have done so already.
Normally this is the part where I start talking about valuation and how expensive the stock is, but with a growth trajectory such as what Fusion-IO is on I just don't see a point in doing that here.
The company's value is in the way that it saves enterprises money while helping companies become more efficient. These are areas that very few companies can afford to ignore. Likewise, ignoring Fusion-IO and its growth potential may one day yield plenty of investor regret.At the time of publication, the author had a position in AAPL. Follow @rsaintvilus This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV