In Gluten-free Foods and Beverages in the U.S., 4th Edition, Packaged Facts not only analyzes the U.S. market in detail, but also provides valuable insights and recommendations regarding emerging consumer trends, the products gluten- and allergy-sensitive consumers seek, and how companies can participate in this market on a global scale. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that Gluten-free Foods and Beverages in the U.S., 4th Edition, offers. Easy-to-read and practical charts, tables, graphs, and illustrations make this report very user-friendly.
This report will help:
- Marketing managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for gluten-free foods and beverages.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for gluten-free foods and beverages.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in the banking and retail industries understand the product buyer to develop messages and images that compel consumers to buy gluten-free foods and beverages.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.
Chapter 1: Executive Summary
Definition and MethodologyThe Products What Is Gluten? Producing GF Foods Is a Challenge Celiac Disease Is an Abnormal Immune Reaction to Gluten The Market Share of Consumers Buying GF Foods Edges Up to 18% 2012 Sales Projected to Exceed $4 Billion Table 1-1: U.S. Retail Sales of Gluten-Free Foods and Beverages,2008-2012 (in millions of dollars) Snack Bars the Leading GF Category Figure 1-1: U.S. Sales of Gluten-Free Foods and Beverages: Mass-Market Shares by Product Category, 2010 vs. 2012 (percent) Overwhelming Majority of GF Consumers Report Increased Usage