- Fit and active lifestyles: DPS launched its Let’s Play initiative in 2011 to get kids and families active nationwide. Through a three-year, $15 million commitment to KaBOOM!, DPS will build or improve 2,000 playgrounds by the end of 2013, giving 5 million children across North America access to a great place to play.
- Environmental initiatives: DPS’s $200,000 partnership with the Student Conservation Association (SCA) helped create sustainable communities through a series of conservation service events and enabled the SCA to provide opportunities for high school and college students to complete internships in conservation and environmental services that restore and preserve public lands nationwide. This year, DPS also teamed up with The Nature Conservancy on a four-year, $1 million partnership to support environmental stewardship projects designed to protect vital water resources in Texas.
- Emergency relief: In 2011, DPS completed the first year of its $1 million, four-year commitment to the American Red Cross and the organization’s Annual Disaster Giving Program (ADGP). As a flagship partner, DPS helped respond to 131 disasters nationwide, provide 6.7 million meals and snacks to those in need, supply 2.6 million relief items and open more than 1,000 shelters.
- Hometown giving: The United Way (UW) campaign is the company’s largest employee giving program, allowing DPS the flexibility to address common, fundamental societal issues that are important to local communities. The company raised more than $4.1 million between 2008 and 2011 in support of the nonprofit. This October, DPS raised a record-breaking $2.17 million and was one of 105 major national and global companies named to the nonprofit’s Global Corporate Leadership program.To further drive support among its employees for United Way, the company has encouraged its work sites to each donate 50 volunteer hours for a $1,000 grant to apply toward their site’s United Way fundraising goal. With this incentive, DPS employees collectively donated more than 3,200 volunteer hours this year, contributing to the more than 60,000 total volunteer hours logged by the company since 2010 – which is more than halfway to its goal of 100,000 hours by 2015.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group Named To The Civic 50
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.